Manny Pacquiao beats Timothy Bradley to reclaim WBO title

Manny Pacquiao beat Timothy Bradley on scorecards to win the WBO welterweight title in Las Vegas.

The 35 years old Pacquiao, who lost to American pugilist Tim Bradley in a controversial first meeting in 2012, was the winner on all three judges' scorecards.

"I proved tonight that my journey in boxing will continue," said Pacquiao, who has won 56 of his 63 fights.
Bradley, 30, said: "I was determined to knock him out. I got beaten here but the war is not over.

Manny Pacquiao has won world titles in eight weight divisions during an remarkable career that began in 1995, but Bradley questioned his hunger in the build-up to their rematch.

Pacquiao was asked how longer he'll continue, Pacquiao answered: "A couple more years."

"There's no problem for me. My job is to fight in the ring - any opponent."

Bradley, unbeaten in his 32 previous fights, received hate mail and death threats after claiming a disputed points win over Pacquiao in their first bout.

"I thought I had to do more [than the first fight]- that's why I was going for a knockout," Bradley said of his occasional ill-discipline at the MGM Grand on Saturday.

"I was trying to hit him with something over the top when he was throwing."

Boxing fans, who do you think is Pacquiao next fight?

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Post a Comment (0)

Previous Post Next Post